Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Just Plain...

Delicious!  

I don't have a very good memory.  Or at least I don't think I do... but then again... maybe I do and I just forgot.  Anywho, I had forgotten in the last couple of months how much I enjoy a good brick.  As always, Liz never disappoints with the workouts she sends me.  She has a way of structuring workouts... even workouts on the trainer... that keep you engaged and challenged... making the time fly by.  The challenge at the moment is that everything is "base" oriented.  All good stuff... and more than necessary but we all like to go fast right?! 

What I've noticed in the short time that I've been back on the training band-wagon is how strong I feel.  Then it occurred to me that all I've been doing is RESTING!  For the last two months I haven't done anything to stress my body... with the exception of massive amounts of food... mostly from the "sugar" food group.  Speaking of which, I have a friend that basically made it through the entire holiday season withOUT sugar.  Seriously.  Is that NUTS or WHAT???  She's a total bad-ass in my book! So anyway,  I feel really really strong right now.  Give me a week though... I'll be a wreck and you can all laugh at me.

SO... yesterday consisted of an hour and a half on the trainer followed by a 15 min run off the bike.  Nothing remotely taxing... but just getting my body back into training mode and used to the saddle a bit.  Today... a killer core and strength routine that MIGHT actually result in me getting a bootay.  Yeah... I'm serious.  

That's ANOTHER thing about Liz... she's pretty much figured me out... slow and steady build. Keep me healthy.  "Build a strong Rob".  I constantly remind myself to trust Liz... and trust the process.  She knows what she's doing and if I'm a good boy... and do as I'm told... and I'm honest with her about my aches and pains when they occur... she'll be able to get me where I want to be come June 21st.

Hope you're all happy, healthy, and whole.

OH!  A note on injury... not that I'm an expert... but listen to your body.  If something is screaming at you to stop... just stop.  Go see the local expert on whatever is bothering you... and be patient.  In the long run... getting on top of it will pay off.  Think long-term... not short. Thanks for listening.

Breathe...

8 comments:

GZ said...

Yeah ... it feels to get back!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back at it Rob! Enjoy being able to use the "offseason" as an excuse for eating crap, it will be gone before you know it. I know that I am.

Bigun said...

what are we supposed to be looking at in that picture up there? 'cause I'm drawn to your ass. I know it's wrong. But how can something so wrong be so right?

word verification: apoher - computer programs designed specifically for women. Ap-'o-her. example: an auto-cell phone ringer / gps that alerts to the nearest shoe sale.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

My word verification is:
messh. noun: "Minnesotan slang for the brief slide when your running shoe momentarily glides between the slush under your Nikes back onto the pavement underneath."

You sure have bulging muscles on your legs for a guy who sat at the sugar buffet all holiday season. That is bad ass if you ask me!

And "listen to your body" is my mantra too! Listen while it's talking; don't wait til it's screaming.

This comment brought to you by the word messh. All rights reserved.

Lucinda said...

So right about listening to your body, and your head sometimes too. Odd how they can be in conflict.

Anonymous said...

How come nobody has commented on the fact that Tri-Rob took a shot of his own ass and posted it on his blog.
Huh? Answer me that?
I think he's fishing for a compliment.
What do you guys think?

Hm????

Charisa said...

Sounds like you've got a good coach and a good plan. What more do you need? :) Have fun!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

You look like bad ass on the bike already! Glad you feel well rested!