Thursday, January 1, 2009

GIDDY!

Yeah.  See that look on my face?  (The Gay European Tourist or "GET" coined by my brother Ted). You know why its there?  Because I am BESIDE myself with excitement!  I started my training cycle for IM CdA today!!!!!  Good LORD it felt good to be out there with some purpose behind it!  Don't get me wrong... working out for the benefits of one's health is great... but that alone simply does NOT squeeze my grapes.  (I just made that up).  If I was left to my own devices and was not working toward some sort of competitive goal... I am convinced that I would be the world's first morbidly obese skinny guy.  Seriously.

So it was with extreme excitement... much to the annoyance of my entire family who had stayed up FAR too late last night... that I headed out the door and into the drenching rain and blustering wind for an extremely easy, read "slow", 50 minute run on the flats of the Willamette Valley! Ohhhhhhh... it was HEAVEN!  I also got to try out my new Zoot Ultra Nanoshell Jacket.  Super nice... and, more importantly, stylish... which as we ALL know... is the priority.  The run itself couldn't have gone any better.  This was a totally form-focus run, quick feet, calm torso, hips under my feet, slight lean forward, all done at a slower pace simply to wake my body up and get used to a consistent routine.  Later in the evening I spun on the trainer for 30 min to flush the legs.  YUM!

It's GREAT to be back!  Come with me ok?  It'll be fun!  If I see you out there... don't be surprised if my eyes fill with tears of joy as I tackle you in a HUGE bear hug!  HM.

Breathe...

8 comments:

Sue said...

will look forward to your goofy workout reports...let me know if you need anything from this neck of the woods when the time gets closer...
Sue from beautiful CDA

Molly said...

Can't wait to hear how your training goes!

Charisa said...

Awesome! CDA IM is the best - have fun training!!

Anonymous said...

Can I come? What fun it would be to see your goofy ass doing IM!!!
OK - you sold me....
Look for me out there.
I'll be wearing a coconut bra and a hula skirt at an aid station (and lookin' goooooood)...I swear!
S.H.

Anonymous said...

Now that is the face I love

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Isn't fun when the tri season officially kicks off? I am not sure I can match your priceless expression other than when I am eating chocolate or drinking coffee. Have fun IM training!

jameson said...

awesome dude... I can't wait to follow this next adventure!

If you ever want to give up racing just let me know and we can start the morbidly obese skinny guy club.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I am insanely jealous that you don't need a neck gaiter, ear warmers, gloves, shell over the gloves, double layer under the jacket, and tights covered by running skirt for warmth to go out for a run.
Today we did 10 miles on the snow covered paths and it was 0 degrees when we started. Although, thankfully, it had warmed up to 9 when we finished. I suppose I am to be grateful for that... ;-)

This comment brought to you by the word ver phtfu.
noun: (fat-fuh'). Minnesotan slang for what you call yourself upon waking and catching your butt's reflection in the mirror after spending the holidays at the sugar buffet.