Sunday, August 12, 2007

Coastal BLISS!

The family and I took a little vacation beginning last week! Of course... no internet access... thus... the long delay in any semblance of a post!

K's parents have a house in Trinidad California so we packed up the kids and headed over for the week! For those of you that have never been, the Northern California coast line is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful in the world! We did a LOT of hiking in the coastal Redwoods, wandering the beaches, and playing in the lagoon! I can't tell you how LUCKY we are to be able to hop in the car and go play in one of the most gorgeous places in the nation! Just before I headed out of town, I stopped into LifeCycle for a couple of missing parts. I was chatting with Jeff and I mentioned that I was heading down to Trinidad... turns out he was born and raised right up the road from where we were going and had done a ton of swimming, biking, and running growing up in that area! What a TINY world!

I have to admit that the training took a backseat over the last week... I've got my priorities and last weeks priority was PLAYING with the family! I did get in a couple of rides, two open-water swims in Big Lagoon, and a couple of runs... but nothing terribly intense... mostly I just hung with the parents-in-law, the wife, and my amazing trio of kids!

I'll leave it at that... see pics below! We had an amazing time... as we always do when we head down there. Training begins again today with a 2 hour ride and will continue on a normal schedule starting tomorrow.

Tuesday my sister, her husband, and her 4 kiddos will be coming out for a visit! It's been YEARS since the entire fam has made it out here so we are ALL extremely PUMPED to show them what Eugene and the rest of Oregon are all about!

Breathe...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a good time all around. Nice pics of your family.

You mentioned my nutrition issues and I would like to say that is an understatment. Calories and I are somewhere between arch enemies and rivals on the relationship continuum (sp).

Have a nice week!

Drew Holmes said...

had not checked your blog in a bit. looking great dude!!! see ya this week or next maybe