Monday, February 7, 2011

And so...

it begins! Today was the first "official" day of training for the 2011 season! Or at least it's the first day that I actually looked at the training schedule my wonderful Coach Liz has painstakingly put together for me! YAY!

I was in San Diego last week at a very important and official sales meeting where we sat in rooms and talked about things and stuff related to overtly optimizing synergies while flawlessly executing prime objectives effectively ALL THE WHILE... thinking like a customer. WHAT? Ya. Exactly. Like a Boss. I swear to GOD! Meetings like these are the bane of my existence! I'm joking. Really... it's not that bad. I'm just trying to sound like those cool kids that complain about everything and hate their Dads. For realz... I usually come away from these meetings ready to get after it! Besides, its the one time each year that I get a solid week with a couple people that I really enjoy. This year, as a bonus... I got a virus! YAY! It was AWESOME! I threw up most of the night on Tuesday. So RAD! Nothin like gettin a core workout the old-fashioned way! The real bummer is that I had grandios plans to hook up with Beth, James, and Charissa for some running action... didn't happen... sorry guys!

So... training began today with an easy, sunny, gorgeous run on the river trail. I'm attempting to ignore the fact that about 35 min into the run... my legs were fatigued... ya... weird. It's almost like I'm starting all over again! But you know what? Isn't that AWESOME! From square one is a fun place to be! Stay tuned... it's gonna be fun!

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hope you're all happy, healthy, and whole.

Breathe...


4 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome to the 2011 season! Hope it's a great one for ya.

Unknown said...

Yay for training! And do you have that shirt? If not, you need to find it for sure!

Kate said...

Hi! That is totally RAD! Happy 2011!

tutrow said...

What up Rob, I missed hanging out with you at the NSM this year. It was weird not being there. Good luck with your training.