Sunday, March 9, 2008

Movin On...

After waiting around for roughly 5 weeks HOPING to hear back from my "coach"... I've decided to move on. I want to thank Jameson, Moonpie, and Scottie for giving me referrals for new coaches to check out. After much research and emails and discussion with a TON of people... I've settled on a coach! I am now officially under the, "dictatorship of Coach Elf"... as she says... Coach Elizabeth Fedofsky of Multisport Mastery. I'm VERY pleased to say that I sincerely doubt I will NOT hear from Liz. I must have gotten 10 emails both unsolicited AND in response to my questions in the time-span of a weekend! I also got my first week's schedule last night. The first week will be a lot of testing so that she can assess where I am fitness-wise. I'm really looking forward to working with her through my "A" race in July!

In addition to tackling some much overdo Spring clean-up in the yard... I got in a SWEET sunny recovery week ride yesterday! I have a very dichotomous relationship with recovery weeks. Yes Bigun... that's a word. What I mean is that while my body might crave the additional rest and relaxation... my mind often-times goes a bit nuts! Yeah... the ADD is on FIRE this week! I truly feel sorry for my wife and kiddos! Anyway... the ride was fun and it was good for me to get some time alone... in my own head. It's a fun place to be believe it or not. I actually processed a TON of stuff... got to give some undivided attention to a couple people that have been on my mind a LOT lately... you know who you are ;)

OH! Guess what I'm getting this coming week??? A POWERTAP!!!! YAY! That's RIGHT... I'm getting a SL 2.4... and did I mention that it's wireless? Well it IS! ZIPPY! No more guesswork for me! I watt is a watt is a watt regardless of what my HR is! This is going to be extremely helpful for my training AND it will give Coach Elf more data to help her taylor things a bit more accurately! I'm SO excited!
Hope you're all training hard, training smart, and having FUN!

Breathe...

8 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the new coach. I am jealous of your sunny day ride. Not much of that here yet and I am getting impatient. I crave that time on my bike in the sun!

Cindy Jo said...

That's great that you found a REAL coach! She seems terrific too, from what I know about her.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your sunshine too. It's sooo nice to have the extra daylight at the end of the day but I'm craving spring...melting snow and clear bike trails. Congrats on the new coach. I'm sure she'll be great!
KG

Bigun said...

While she's "tayloring" your training schedule, you can "sale" "threw" "you're" long bike with all that "knew" power data!

I was suprised no one recommended the Bigun for your coach. Coach Elf is quite dichotomous with the Bigun in stature. Did I use the word correctly, there, airborne?

Your word verification is "fefark" - noun - the sound your butt makes when you look up at a 12% grade and you can't shift down to your small chain ring. Only applies to men with twig legs.

TRI-ROB said...

Nice use of the word Bigun! Bigun smart. Bigun like stuff. Bigun also like things. Stuff and things are favorites of Bigun.

jameson said...

good choice... now you are going to have to answer to your coach and the little yellow computer!

Mark said...

You're gonna love the PowerTap, and coach Liz ;)

Al said...

More gadgetry...cool...can't wait for the first blog with wattage numbers. I recommend reporting wattage it in how many pizza's you can cook if you were powering an oven.