Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Swim Baby... SWIIIIIIIIIM!!!

Ok... so I mentioned that I did a test set in the pool about a week ago. I also mentioned that I wouldn't post the results b/c I was embarrassed. Then I thought, "Hey dipshit! The point of this blog isn't to make you look good! The point of this blog is to share your unique experiences while training for endurance sports... good AND bad!" SO... whether you want them or not... here are the results (feel free to ridicule, berate, and taunt):
  • Test Set: 15 X 100 yds @ 2:00 holding 1:25 (in other words, swim the interval. If you finish in 1:30 you get 30 seconds to rest before you head out on your next one... make sense?)
  • Here's what I did: 1:24, 1:20, 1:24, 1:27, 1:26, 1:25, 1:27, 1:29, 1:33, 1:33, legs seized, 1:29, 1:29, 1:30, 1:29
Relatively speaking I'm really pleased. I'm pleased not b/c the times completely rock but b/c Coach Gina was able to see when and where I started to fall apart in terms of form and what we could do to correct that. Her comment to me was that my dragging times had more to do with swim fitness than with technique! YIPPEE! Right? I mean... fitness is easy to fix! There's a bright side to everything. As a result she is having me do less drills in the water and focusing on building that swim fitness that I'm lacking.

Here's the swim I did today:
  • WU: 200 swim, 100 kick, 100 pull
  • Drill:
    • 4X50 skull/swim @ 1:10
    • 4X50 DPS @1:00
    • 4X50 FTD/swim @ 1:00
  • Main Set:
    • 4 X 200 free spin @ 3:15
    • 8 X 100 free regular @ 1:45
  • CD: Kick/Pull: 2X through whole set
    • 200 kick
    • 300 pull
  • Total Distance: 3600 yds
I need to get in the pool 4 times a week for a while. It's about base right now right? We're supposed to pick a discipline and work on that right? So swimming is my thing for the next couple of months.

Breathe...

2 comments:

Al said...

Those times rock. Unless your doing Olympics exclusively gaining 5 more minutes on the swim in relation the time on the bike and run may not mean as much. If you can do that w/o fitness and just on technique, you rock!

Oly said...

I know its all relative but I would take those times, and then take a nap.