Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Back to Reality...

Geesh... it's been a while... sorry 'bout that!

My wife and I got the chance to take off for a 4 day weekend with each other! For those of you that have a spouse... and have kiddos... you know how rare that is. We took off last Thursday for the N. CA coast. I had seen my physical therapist for my back last Wednesday so the trip was perfect for recovery. Basically after my sessions I'm not "allowed" to do anything for two days anyway. Time to relax! The pic is the view from my Mother and Father-in-law's house in Trinidad. They let us use it for the long weekend and as you can tell... its GORGEOUS! K and I did a lot of talking, reading, sleeping, eating, saw three movies and did those things that couples do... sans kids! It was really bizarre for the first day or so. Both of us had to adjust to the quiet and the sitting still. We adjusted fine and it was REALLY nice to get reaquainted with my wife.

I dunno man... life is just freakin BUSY! Ya know what I mean? Often, by the time we get done working, parenting (homework, practice, playing, talking), maintaining the house, laundry, etc., etc., etc., we're just exhausted! THEN you have to scrub your schedules and make sure that everything is going to flow nicely for the next day. When exactly are you supposed to bond as husband and wife??? Add training for all this triathlon business and you REALLY limit your time together! Not to preach or anything... but for those of you that are married... go out on dates! Get a sitter and GO! Just do it... it pays dividends in the end!

Breathe...

p.s. Don't worry... I haven't forgotten that this is a TRIATHLON blog!

1 comment:

Mark said...

SHAVE THOSE LEGS BOY!!!