Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hippies LOVE Triathletes...

That's RIGHT! I said it! Hippies have an odd appreciation of endurance athletes. It could be that after spending hours at a time in the drum tower dancing their Patchouli Oiled booties off they find that maybe a little bit of endurance training might actually enhance their spinning, grinding, jumping, rhythmic contortion skills. Oregon Country Fair was this weekend and if you've never been you're TRULY missing out on one of the most unique and fun experiences of a life-time. Its an awesome time to just let your inner hippie out OR... just watch everyone else get their's out! Needless to say the triathlon training took a backseat this weekend and I got to hang out with my college buddy Dean and go to the fair! What a great time! What a great guy! What a great DAY! I won't go into great detail but Dean and I spent the entire day wandering around hangin with the freaks, listening to some great music and doing a little juggling. I will say that I did sweat a bit... but don't worry.... I managed my hydration needs with a Camelback filled with NUUN! YUMMMMMM....

Back to training tomorrow! SWEET! My parents will be coming into town for a visit starting tomorrow... might be difficult to manage a heavy training load while they are here... but we'll give it a go! On the agenda for tomorrow? 3,000m in the pool in the am and a 50 aerobic run! YIPEEEEEEEE!

Breathe....

2 comments:

jumblinjim said...

Robby,
Your big race of the year, Pacific Crest 70.3, has come and gone. I think it's time you risk a DNF to see what you can really do. Reinvigorate the rest of this season's training with a goal of top 5 overall at Escape from the Gorge. You have nothing to fear, nothing to lose, and plenty to gain. Bear down, man! Go out there and you win that fucking (pardon my French) race!

Scottie said...

I concur !!!!! you animal