Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Mellow Training Day...

After a whole bunch of work CRAP! I took off for Bend for a little biznez trip. I'm not sure what was going on but I came close to falling asleep at least 3 different times during the course of the 2 hour drive! How weird is THAT? After getting into town I touched base with Drew and we decided on a LSD run today. We had hoped for an open-water river swim on the Deschutes... but it was way too freakin COLD! Basically we did an hours-worth of running at an extremely casual/conversational pace and covered 6.5 miles. I've said it before... and now I'll say it again: Drew is SPOILED! Take a look at the picture! This is where Drew gets to train all the time! We ran along the Deschutes for almost the entire time! It simply doesn't feel like work at ALL! We were able to discuss race/nutrition strategy for the upcoming Blue Lake Oly this coming Sunday! Of COURSE I'm overthinking it and completely freaking out... and here's Drew... "It'll be great maaaaaan... chiiiiiilllll." Bastard. I hate him.

I'm hooking up with my college buddy Jim tomorrow for a 1:15 hr followed by a 45 min run at HIM pace. Jim just got a brand spankin new Kestrel super duper fast guy bike. I hate Jim too... a LOT... and his fancy bike and will have to cause him much pain on the bike tomorrow and then REALLY hurt him on the run! YES!!! (I won't make him cry... too hard)

Breathe...

No comments: