Saturday, April 28, 2007

REAL training!

For all of you out there that want to know how a "real" triathlete with a family, job, mortgage, and a LAWN... train for triathlons etc. The picture to the left should give you an idea!

The Half-Mary here in Eugene starts tomorrow at 7 am! I'm going to attempt to get to bed at a decent hour so I can get up around 4:30 or 5. Despite my best efforts to tell myself that this is just a training run... and that I'm going to be wearing my HR monitor... and that I expect to stay in a certain mellow zone... and that I'm not going to hammer at ALL... I find myself completely ramped up and a bit nervous. You know... the kind of nervous that doubles as completely excited for another challenge. It's just going to be a bunch of fun being out there with close to 5,000 people! Its unbelievable b/c this is the inaugural year for the marathon here... that's a HUGE number for an early season marathon... especially in its first year.

Ran into a fellow triathlete while I was picking up my race packet at the sports expo. He and Collin's Cycle Shop here in Eugene are finally getting something going on a true triathlon team! I'm STOKED! We chatted for a while and I'm looking forward to hooking up with him to get some training in. Apparently this year anyone that's interested in joining the team is supposed to assemble their race resume... after that you are assigned to an A, B, or C level... A being the more experienced/faster... and they get all the gear at the shop at cost! Freakin SWEET! Anyway... I'm pretty excited about the whole thing... there's even talk of organizing a triathlon somewhere here in Eugene!

ALRIGHT! Enough out of me... I need to eat and get some rest! Wish my luck! Race report tomorrow...

Breathe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd the race go today Robby? Sub 6 minute miles no doubt. Give me a shout when you get a chance. -Jim

Drew Holmes said...

Rce report!!!!! lets hear it!!!

Unknown said...

Really cool news about Collin's. It would be great to have a local shop with tri gear in stock.