Friday, March 23, 2007

So It Begins...

Every guy needs a hobby. Preferably an expensive one with lots of different gear to buy. Preferably one that pushes your mental, physical, and emotional limits. Preferably one that makes you run head on into a wall so that you can break through it and realize, "Hey, guess what? I'm a MAN!" Or woman for that matter...

Seriously though, triathlon has been a Godsend for me. Since leaving the military in '96 and starting my career and family, I found it increasingly difficult to be consistent in my workouts. Triathlon is something that gives me a goal and a focus... AND its just plain fun! So this is what this "blog" is about. How do you train and compete in triathlon and still manage your "normal" daily life!

I'm 7 weeks into a 20 week training cycle for the Pacific Crest Half Ironman held in Sun River, Oregon. The idea is to post my workouts and experiences as I progress through the cycle. It ought to be a good time!

You can check out the Pacific Crest here:
http://http://www.racecenter.com/pacificcrest/halftridu/index.htm

No comments: