- Parented his kids with all the love and patience he could muster.
- Managed the household, (i.e., cooked, cleaned, washed, folded, and put away stuff)
- Did his "job" in the professional world to the best of his abilities thus bringing home the bacon.
- Disciplined when necessary.
- Spoke with friends.
- Rested when he could.
- Trained: (swim: 2 hrs, bike: 4 hrs, run: 2 hrs, strength: 1 hr)
I just tooted my own horn! (hee hee... "tooted"). The thing is... I'm entering a new, different, and very challenging chapter of my life. I honestly have questioned whether or not I would be able to continue in triathlon... seriously... I just didn't know. After coming through this week... handling all my bizniz... handling it well... AND training... I've got my confidence back! I might not be able to train exactly as I'd like... but I'll tell ya what... I'm going to train to the best of my ability... and compete in the same manner.
I feel like I can actually breathe again. I'm aware of the ebb and the flow... I'm aware that there are more "downs" to come... but you know what? It's gonna be okay. Actually... it's gonna be good. Really good.
Thank you for taking the time to read. Hope you're all happy, healthy, and whole.