Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Everyone Needs...

a quickie once in a while right?  RIGHT?  Uh huh.  Admit it... it's allllllllll good.

Ok!  Training is going REALLY well right now.  I'm finding out that Ironman training aint no joke. I can fake a half-iron... but apparently NOT a full Ironman.  Huh.  Go figure.  My challenge continues to be proper recovery... and I'm doing what I can but it's virtually impossible to eliminate additional stress right now.  I know it sounds terribly "hippy" and wanna-be "Zen"... but the best I can do at points is sit still and breathe. 

OH!  My swim is coming along nicely.  I'm VERY close to being where I was at the end of the season last year and I couldn't be more pleased with my progress!  2 miles in the lanes last night with ZERO problems.  YAY!

Hope you're all happy, healthy, and whole!  Spring break is coming up and for those of you in snow-covered states... I hope you get to hang someplace warm n sunny!  You can get REALLY tan in as little as 3 days!

Breathe...

6 comments:

D said...

You look cold. VERY cold. I <3 my trainer on days like that... actually I <3 it all the time because I think the drivers in Vancouver are trying to kill me.

jameson said...

things sound good! Glad to hear it.

are you heading some place warm?

Kate said...

Congrats on the swimming! You are a rock star.

Anonymous said...

Well, well...another note from the mystery man. I often wonder what crazy shenanigans you've gotten yourself into. Like the photo...where are you? Do you just meander thru the woods lookin for goofy places to take photos?
Hm.

Charisa said...

Glad your swimming is back where it should be! Enjoy spring break!

Drew Holmes said...

glad to see you back on the blog....we keep missing each other schedule wise but we will always have Paris......I mean Ironman idaho coming up together