Sunday, February 1, 2009

Comin Back!

WOW!  Where did the time go!?

I spent the entire last week... from Sunday to Saturday in Arizona... and VERY little training got done.  It was my company's annual meeting... which generally means long days, longer nights, and very little sleep.  Not exactly a conducive environment for some good, quality training.  I had every intension of getting SOMETHING done every day while I was there but ended up getting in one run and one bike.  I even entertained the notion that I would hook up with MoMo and Bryan sometime during the week so that they could put me through the paces.  Heck... I was even supposed to have my first run test of the season while I was there!  NONE of that happened. Believe me... I'm not even remotely close to voicing a complaint.  Rest is important right?  I had different priorities while I was there and feel absolutely ZERO guilt or regret for how I spent my time.  As a matter of fact... if I had to do it all over... I would have stayed a couple of extra days lying in the sun!  Got to do that on the last day... and it was GREAT!  

Coming home on Saturday I was able to get into Eugene just in time to attend my daughter's 9th birthday party!!!!  Yeah... she's 9!  NINE???!!!  Seriously?  Really?  HOW!?  How did this HAPPEN?  My little girl.  Nine is a big deal right?  I mean... that means only 9 more years until she's up and out of the house.  Don't even get me started... I'll tear up.  That GIRL!  I'm so proud of her I can hardly stand it.

Listent to THIS!  Instead of accepting presents from her friends... Lila asked that everyone make a small donation to Jakobi Mulgrave's medical fund.  You see, 2 weeks ago, Jakobi was the sole survivor of a drunk driving accident that killed his mother, 2 of his friends, and the mother of one of those friends.  Jakobi is currently in critical condition in a Portland hospital.   Lila doesn't know Jakobi but was so touched by the story that she wanted to take action... and this is what she came up with.
My Lila was able to raise $278.00 on her own to donate to Jakobi's fund.  This girl.  My Lila.  She is growing up so fast and has such a good heart... I just love her so much... and couldn't be more proud of the young woman she is so quickly becoming.

WHEW!  Ok!  So... its back to training tomorrow.  Well... I DID have a bike test today... and guess WHAT????  I only threw up TWICE in my mouth during it!  YAY!  Good times good times.

Thanks for reading.  I hope you're all happy, healthy, and whole.  

Breathe...

8 comments:

beth said...

wow. your daughter is growing up very very well..
and good for you for understandig that life gets in the way of training and thats ok.

Charisa said...

Wow - your daughter is just awesome. Nine years old and already just so super smart and kind. She must have good parents :)

jameson said...

so next time when you do the bike test and you only throw up once in your own mouth is that considered progress? Your coach has some great ideas!

Anonymous said...

Like father, like daughter.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

That's so great that she is thinking of others beside herself at the tender age of 9! Hope the resting in AZ (and drinking?) :-) went well.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding?? It actually sounds like you enjoyed your week long work meeting! Is that true? I guess I can relate. It's always fun to catch up with old friends, have a few cocktails...work hard, play hard right?
And - you were in sunny AZ! Sounds nice.
S.H.

Ryan said...

Awesome gesture on her part...did she learn that from you? Probably not ;-)

Drew Holmes said...

Are you doing the Eugene triathlon in May? I just signed up for the Albany one in April, figure get in a few sprints as a training day before we head up to the big show in Idaho. let me know