Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First Things First...

Before I ramble on and on and ON about myself and my race this last Sunday... I need to thank my family. That's them up above ... in case you couldn't guess.

I want to thank Jack for helping me keep some perspective and looking at things in a different way. For an 11 1/2 year old young man... he's incredibly insightful and wise. Thanks Jack.

I want to thank Lila for being the consummate cheerleader and smiley face on the sidelines, shouting louder than any 8 year old little girl should be able to! Thanks Lila.

I want to thank Tom for constantly asking, "Dad! Are you tria-fah-loning today?!", and "Did you win?". At 5 years old... he understands the need to compete. Thanks Tom.

I want to thank my wife Kathryn for picking up the slack at times on the household front and supporting me without question. Thanks Kathryn.

I want to thank my coach, Elizabeth.  Without her help so far this year, I would have been completely lost.  She was calm and patient with me... which is NOT easy.  Thanks Liz.

Thanks to you guys too. All you creepy internet folks. Its unbelievable to me how much love and support I've felt from all of you. Thanks creepy internet folks.

Breathe...

7 comments:

:) said...

Your welcome from onr of the "creepies"! Now get to rambling about that race!!!

beth said...

awwww. that's nice...
congrats on your triaffalon!

funny, i did a thank you type post to the creepy bloggers on the 4th....and you're in it!!!!

a little bird told me you had a kick ass race. can't wait for the rr!

Anonymous said...

Such a great post! You have a beautiful family. If our families weren't behind us 125% there is NO WAY we could do this day after day. Cheers!

Ryan said...

That's funny, my 5 year old asks anytime we leave really early in the morning anywhere, "Do you have a try-flon today? " And she always adds, "Don't get sick like you did at the Ironman, OK."

She still doesn't see the humor in my "sharting" story.

I'll let you know if I stalked Michael Lovato.

Thanks for stopping by

Jen said...

Congrats on a great race...and you're welcome - from a creepy internet friend :)

Anonymous said...

It's very refreshing to see a dad that is so appreciative of his family. Your one heck-ova guy.

Anonymous said...

you forgot to thank your sister, who's ignoring you in childhood allowed you to learn patience and perseverance.