Monday, April 7, 2008

What I Learned...

is that my hair really doesn't look good like this.

I also learned from my Sunday run that I can very comfortably stay in mid Zone 2 and throw down 7 minute miles.  All I can say about this is "WHEW". FINALLY... I'm seeing the results of focusing on a solid base!

Sundays run was one hour total.  I had thought it was all easy Zone 1-2 but on closer inspection of the training schedule it broke down like this: 
  • 20 min in Zone 1-2
  • 20 min in Zone 3 (164- 172 BPM)
  • 20 min in Zone 1-2
You know what it does in Eugene in the Spring?  I freakin RAINS... A LOT!  Sunday was no exception!  The REALLY cool thing was, (read sarcasm), that when I started into my Zone 3... I started on a gradual incline, a head-wind kicked up, AND it started pouring AND sleeting!  YES! It was like suckin down a shit sandwich and asking for seconds!  No matter though... it's better than sitting on the couch.  Overall it was a great run and I was surprised at how my legs functioned considering my power test on the bike the previous day.

Robby is a happy boy.  Robby likey the trainey.  Robby gettin fit.

OH!  This is a Tulip Tree!  Have you guys seen these things!?  We may not have Cardinals here... but we have some kick ASS trees!

Headed into another 4 week build!  I'm ready.  Hope you are all ready too!

Breathe...

4 comments:

Di said...

Rob - when you started onto your Zone 3, we were starting on beer 5 or 6...

jameson said...

catching up...

solid bike test. training with power WILL make you faster.

way to choke down the shit sandwich and get out the door...

when's your first race?

Bigun said...

Cardinals and blooming trees...now I KNOW you are on the couch at IMCDA - don't look at me like that! I can just see your next post: "I shot this beautiful rainbow on my last long run...isn't it just spectacular?"...don't ask, don't tell...

Anonymous said...

LOL at bigun's comments.