Friday, January 18, 2008

Truckin Along...

You know what I hate right now? My digital camera. What the heck does, "System Error" mean? Those two words explain the distinct lack of interesting photos.  I guess I shouldn't complain. My wonderful wife bought it for me about 4 years ago and I've definitely put it through it's paces. It's funny... with technology developing as it does... I can get the same sort of camera tripling the available megapixels for roughly $100 bucks! BUT... I've got my eye on THIS:
It's any Olympus Stylus 770 SW... but that doesn't matter! What matters is that its WATER PROOF to 30 feet, shock resistent from a drop of 5 ft AND someone like BigUn can sit on it w/out crushing it! Isn't that COOL! I figure something like this would be perfect considering I take my camera everywhere I go!

Sorry... that wasn't very triathloney.

Had a good, solid, slow week of training!  Does that sound a bit negative?  Heck no!  I've completely put my faith in what all of you have been nagging me about... "Build your base Rob... build your base".  So here's what I did over this past week from Sunday to Saturday:
  • Swim: 7669 meters
  • Bike: 3 hours on the trainer, 2 hours on the road totaling 5 hours for you math geniuses.
  • Run: 16.25 miles
All of this... with the exception of some of the swimming has been at a HR under 145 BPM. Actually, looking at in now... in this format... it doesn't look like I trained all that much.  I'm a pansy apparently.

I took a look at next week's training that Coach Matt sent me and it seems like he's stepping it up a bit before I take off for my company's annual meeting.  OH!  YEAH!  All you blog-types that are in the great state of Florida... if you wanna hook up for some training the last week of January.... drop me a note!  I'll be in Hollywood, FL for that entire week... and it BETTER be sunny and warm!  I'm actually staying HERE ... its right on the water so I'm hoping to get in a few open-water swims while I'm there!

Anywho... 55 min Zone 2 run tomorrow!  And guess WHAT... it's supposed to be cold AND rainy!  Joy.  Rapture.

Breathe...

3 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

Sweet! Water proof! Watch that swim form improve!

Oly said...

I'm suprised your ugly mug hadn't broken the camera long before this. :)

Bigun said...

Those would be some sweet pictures; me sitting on your camera. Blog worthy. For sure!

Why does everyone go to Miami when they come to Florida - Tri-Rob, you are gonna melt!