Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Coming SOON!


I just love it when something new comes along... and actually promises to bring something of value to the community! Last year, when I got it in my head that I wanted to do triathlon for the long-term, I started shopping around for a bike. I serendipitously met this buff little dude named Gilad Gozlan. We immediately hit it off and he became an integral part in the decision making process of buying my first tri-bike!
Since then Gilad has always made a point of asking about my training and racing, offering great advice, and ensuring that my bike is performing exactly the way that it should! What I really enjoy about Gilad is that he shares and celebrates your success and offers solid solutions to the various and sundry problems you might encounter.

Gilad has branched out on his own and made the audacious move to open a NEW bike shop here in Eugene! Life Cycle Bike Shop will be open for business in the VERY near future and will carve out its own niche in the Eugene cycling community. They are located at 1733 Pearl St. (in the Chapman Bldg) right behind Starbucks on the corner of 18th and Pearl. The Life Cycle team is hammering away in their new space getting it spruced up and ready for business. What's REALLY cool is that they are making every effort to use recycled and/or sustainable materials to complete the inards of their shop! Neat huh? Even though they aren't offically open for business, they've already started building bikes! Don't hesitate to stop by and say "Hi!" to Gilad, and Geoff (manager)! They love getting visitors that are as excited about bikes as they are!

Early morning swim this morning! Here's what it looked like:
  • 300m warm-up/drills
  • 3 X 500m tempo on 1 min RI
  • 200m cool-down
  • Total: 2,000m
  • Avg Interval: 8:35
Felt great the entire time and got to see a few of the folks from the Collins Tri-Team!

Supposed to be 98 degrees in Eugene today! I have a 40min aerobic run with 6X 30 sec strides on 30 sec RI scheduled for this afternoon... ought to be fun!

Breathe...

No comments: